Sunday, January 31, 2010

The "Beauty" of PLastic Money

Gift cards convey the message that the contemporary American society is losing its desire to be personal with one another; convenience is much more simple. This then leads outsiders to assume the same. All of these assumptions are even anticipated by producers. I will admit that I too believe in the convenience of the gift card. I have often heard people worrying about what gift to get someone. Out of a desire to make the gift purchasing process easy, my response has often been “give them money or buy them a gift card.” Therefore, I am in no position to condemn the "all mighty" gift card, but I can be truthful and admit to its alluring gesture to simplicity.

Nearly all stores and even pharmaceuticals stores such as Duane Reade, CVS and even Wal-Mart sell gift cards. This is simply because a gift card is the perfect “one-size fits all” gift in which you cannot go wrong. One can even create a “personalized” gift card from websites such as, www.giftcards.com. Gift cards have become a source of convenience and are essentially the best gift to get anyone. It is a piece of square plastic that has money attached to it for the recipient to spend on whatever his or her heart desires. It requires zero worry about buying a gift that the recipient already possess, or that does not fit. Most of all, no one ever complains when he or she receives money. So maybe the idea of the impersonal gift card is not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment