Friday, February 5, 2010

Cut it up and Tape it Back Together!

1-When asked to literally cut up an “A paper,” and tape it back together to create an even better paper, I was not sure what to do or what to cut. I read through the essay once and then a second time. On the second reading I saw that cutting whole paragraphs and placing them somewhere else made my essay even better! The flow seemed perfect and I really got into the entire process. Who would ever think that literally cutting up your own paper would perfect it even when you thought there was no more “perfecting” to be done. Most of the time when I revise I check for grammar and spelling on the computer. Then I print a hard copy and really analyze it checking for wordiness, poor grammar usage, basically making sure the paper makes sense. Sometimes I may have someone look over it to get a second opinion but that is rare.

2- To metaphorically describe my revising process, I would have to say I am like sketch artist. A beautiful picture comes to mind, I draw it and it comes out nice. Then I look over it and with a few more minor sketches and a little erasing, I make it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment