Antonio to Sebastian: "The gentleness of all gods go with thee! I have many enemies in Orsino's court, else would I shortly see thee there. But come what may, I adore thee so that danger shall seem sport, and I will go."
In this short passage Antonio shows his love and devotion towards Sebastian. Throughout scene 1 Antonio is basically begging to serve Sebastian. However, Sebastian does not want any harm to be brought to Antonio beccause he accompanies him. When Sebastian announces that he will go to Orsino's court, Antonio wishes Sebastian the best on his journey and asks that the gods go with him. Antonio admires Sebastian's love for his sister and Sebastian's bravery and so he will risk his own life to accompany Sebastian to Orsino's Court, even though he has enemies there. So, for Antonio this voyage to Orsino's court will be a dangerous adventure that he endures by taking it on as some kind of game.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment