I found my visit to the writing center EXTREMELY helpful! I went with absolutely nothing written, not because I am a "bad" student but simply because I was not 100% sure of where I was heading with my paper. When I left I would say I was 90% sure, the other 10% was my need to just organize all of my thoughts once I began writing. This is a problem of mine. What she did was to ask me questions specifically related to the essay question. This helped steer me onto the track I needed to be on. The questions were built on top of one another and my mind began to flow. I was able to pick up where she was going with her questions and brought up my own suggestions for what I could discuss in the essay. Within 30 minutes I had a nice list that we were both able to create on what I would discuss in my paper. I have to admit that I was a little excited because I viewed the essay as "easy" now. However, that feeling scared me a little because you never expect work to be easy in college; therefore I did second guess myself a little bit. I have not received my essay back as yet, so we will see. I might just pay another visit to the writing center...no I WILL pay the writing center another visit = )
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment