Sunday, April 18, 2010

Do I feel responsible for global warming....GOOD question!

Do I feel as a consumer that I am personally responsible for global warming?

I grew up ignorant of all the information distributed today concerning global warming. Even if I did decide to walk the few blocks instead of driving or taking the bus it was because I didn't feel like driving, didn't have a ride or I didn't feel like spending close to $5 for the bus. It was either a waste of gas and or a waste of money so I would just walk or ride my bike. I still abide by this philosophy, sometimes, today. I honestly believe that going green not only benefits the environment but it also benefits me. A common example is the purchasing of an "Eco-friendly" bag for a store that I frequent. The bag is cute and I get a discount every time I use my "Eco-friendly" bag instead of the plastic bag! So I believe it is safe for me to say that no, I do not really feel responsible for global warming. I do however feel responsible for doing whatever I am capable of doing in an effort "Go Green" not because it is the "in thing to do" but because I have been blessed to live 19 years on this earth and I should return the blessing. Every little bit counts for something and because I am not mass producing products and constantly emitting harmful green house gases, I have to do my little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I unfortunately felt extremely guilty after reading these articles. I feel that I don't do enough to help save the environment. I always say my family should recycle but we never have. My dad just started making us save water bottles because we drink so many of them. That isn't because he wants to help the Earth, it's because we can now get 5 cents back for each one! Isn't that terrible! It sounds so bad when I actually talk about it and makes me feel like I am a terrible person but I still haven't changed my actions! =(

    ReplyDelete