Smith has a serious love for the microscopic world . He is fascinated with animalcules and finds pleasure in devoting his time to observe them. His pleasure, sadly, is not shared by his wife or family. As far as Smith is concerned his interest is not even shared with others outside of his family (264). Not even scientists are as interested in this real life wonder. Although Smith's article is very passive he is hurt because of this lack of interest that people in general have for real life.
I fall into this category of people. I admired his affection towards his work, but I do not share the same passion. I would have to say that I am with Smith's niece. What he is describing is interesting, but only for the moment.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
I agree, I mean how could he have such an obsession with an unseen-to-the-naked-eye world? I think he means we need to be conscious of other lives, but wow. On the microscopic level? We are here trying to save human lives, but ow we have to worry about amoebas and other bacteria?
ReplyDeleteYes, I believe he is argueing that there is a whole world out there other than our own. As far as we are concerned we are IT! The message Smith is trying to send to us is that we are not all that! There are things far more interesting and worlds that we cannot and do not take the time to even imagine.
ReplyDeleteThe unseen wonders of the world are often missed. I honestly feel like what is very often missed, are the very things that have the answers to the questions we just can't seem to figure out.