Sunday, April 18, 2010

What is a writer? Are you a writer? Why or why not?

A writer I feel is simply someone who enjoys writing. Whether he or she enjoys academic writing or expressive creative writing, they qualify as a writer. Am I a writer? Yes, absolutely! I love to write. Not so much academic writing that involves research, but more so opinionated papers in which I can express my thoughts. However, my real love is creative writing, which I am only able to do in my spare time. I write poetry and I have dabbled in short stories, and what I believe they call prose. I haven't been able to write how I used to because I am caught up in my school work but I am itching to get back to my writing, and drawing.

2 comments:

  1. Why does someone who is a writer have to enjoy what they are writing. If I hate writing all essays for school does that make us not writers? Then if we aren't writers what are we? Just students who have to b.s.? (I think we really are just b.s.ing half our papers but I'm curious to see what you think =p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hate writing essays for school then you hate writing essays for school lol. As far as school essays are concerned most of the time we are forcing ourselves to write about something we may not necessarily care about. If you enjoy writing in general, it doesn't matter what kind of writing, you are a writer. It is possible that you love a certain type of writing and dislike another. Some, if not most essays, I have to write do not interest me what so ever. However, I enjoy creative writing and any and EVERY thing that I can expressive myself.

    ReplyDelete